LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM — British start-up cargo airline One Air has revealed plans to potentially update its fleet with Boeing 777 freighters as its operations expand. The company is officially pursuing the operation of US routes, having submitted an application to the US Department of Transportation.

One Air recently obtained an air operator’s certificate from the UK Civil Aviation Authority and currently has one aircraft in its fleet - a Boeing 747-400 converted freighter (G-UNET). The company plans to offer cargo capacity along "key logistic corridors" between the UK and major cargo hubs in the Middle East, China, and the USA.

"We plan to expand our operations by increasing capacity - but only when it is financially sensible to do so," the company explained. "We aim to incorporate aircraft from other companies within our corporate family but will consider acquiring more modern aircraft - potentially the Boeing 777F - when it aligns with our business strategy."

According to One Air's filing, 51% of the company is owned by CEO and UK citizen Paul Bennett, with the remaining 49% owned by Indian citizen Guneet Mirchandani. Mirchandani also owns a 49% stake in Moldovan cargo airline Aerotranscargo and completely owns Aerotranscargo FZE, based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. Mirchandani controls 80% of broker and logistics company Air One Aviation, with Bennett holding the remaining 20%.

One Air's filing assures that its ownership and control, specifically concerning Mirchandani's citizenship, does not conflict with US aviation policy. However, the company has yet to reveal the US routes it plans to serve.

One Air states that its operations will "help address the deficit in air cargo capacity caused by the downfall of the UK's sole independent cargo freighter operator," referring to CargoLogicAir. This operator had connections to Russian businesses and was forced into administration due to the challenges brought about by international sanctions resulting from the Ukraine conflict.

"As commerce recovers in the post-pandemic world and adapts to geopolitical issues, secure and reliable air freight logistics and heavy-lift capabilities continue to be critically important both domestically and globally," One Air maintains.