SINGAPORE — SIA Engineering Partners with Cambodia Airport Investment for Line Maintenance Joint Venture.

SIA Engineering (SIAEC) has confirmed a joint venture agreement with Cambodian infrastructure investment entity, Cambodia Airport Investment (CAIC), to establish a line maintenance joint venture.

The fresh joint venture will be stationed at Phnom Penh's new airport, the Techo Takhmao International Airport, which is located in the Cambodian capital.

As per the agreement, SIAEC will possess a 51% equity stake, while CAIC will acquire the remaining 49%. SIAEC also anticipates the joint venture to progressively "evolve into a regional aircraft Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) hub."

The joint venture is projected to commence operations in March 2025, aligning with the inauguration of Techo Takhmao, which is currently under construction.

The greenfield airport, situated south of Phnom Penh, is projected to accommodate up to 50 million passengers annually, boasting three runways and a satellite terminal.

The construction of the new airport, which started in 2019, has a total investment budget exceeding $1.5 billion.

SIAEC's Chief, Ng Chin Hwee, stated, "This joint venture, in association with CAIC, will deliver comprehensive line maintenance support, ensuring high dispatch reliability and quality engineering services to the airlines operating in Techo Takhmao airport."